This workshops is led initially by an subject matter expert. This workshop will focus on teaching mentors how to develop key relationships, and support youth to grow and develop.
Our Key Learning Objectives:
- Successful mentor-mentee relationships are through positive changes and through mutual trust.
- Mentors and mentees grow and develop while working together and participating in workshops.
- The mentors are able to develop their own leadership styles, that is unique with them.
- Workshops will train youth how to manage challenges that may occur while mentoring.
- Mentors build their capacity to develop include facilitation in delivering workshops
- Mentors learn skills to communicate with diverse people, including stakeholders and partners
- Mentors will learn how to encourage girls how to speak their truth, communicate their ideas, and generate discussions.
Mentors facilitate workshops in schools, community centres and special venues that reinforce:
- Girls are princesses and treated as emerging queens
- Girls have opportunity to connect with each other
- Girls are encouraged to engage in cultural and artistic expression
Elders, Mentors, and Mentees
All workshop sessions are closed with a circle activity. Elders and mentors offer blessings of gratitude, hope and resiliency to the mentees. The mentees highlight what they have learned, and how the group has supported them.
Elders and healers are an important part of the session as a way to pass down blessings and hope to the generation, and the mentors and mentees who walk in their path.
Each session always begings with land acknowledgement. Elders provide guidance to the mentees by providing experience to the circle.